Monday, November 28, 2011

It all begins today.

Well to start, I will tell you about what is happening.

I have decided to get involved with an organization called "National Service Dogs" or "NSD". What they do is breed, raise and train dogs to go into homes with autistic children. The website for the site is here: www.nsd.on.ca If you are in KW, I highly recommend, at least, looking into how to get involved.

I started getting involved by walking some of the dogs that were going through their advanced training, and then decided that I would like to raise a puppy. After going through some orientation processes, and letting NSD get to know me. I was informed that I was being allowed the privilege of raising a puppy.

What I have determined so far;
1) I am super excited for this to start! (later today)
2) The puppy is a girl
3) The puppy is a Golden Labrador
4) The puppy's name begins with an "I"

NSD groups their litters based on letters, so every litter will have names that all start with the same letter. Hence why I know she will have an "I".

Here are some of my guesses as to what her name might be:
1) Iggy
2) Isabel
3) Igor
4) Ingrid
5) Ice
6) Ichabod
7) Igloo

What I realized from this, is that "I" names (especially for dogs) are really tough to come up with.

Anyways, this will be the precursor to adventure with this incredible dog. So, sit down, grab a drink and enjoy the ride! I know I will.

CLEARLY, Pictures to follow ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment