Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ilse Treat on Nose Trick

Well, everything is going well here.   I recently introduced a halti to Ilse and she seems to be taking to it reasonably well.   The difference in her leash walking in night and day.   The first time I tried it, she barely tried going ahead of me, and we walked by several young kids and other dogs with minimal distraction.   Overall, I think it will be a great asset in our training.

   (older photo, but why not?)

On a fun note (not that the prior isn't fun in it's own way), I have taught Ilse to balance treats on her nose and wait for my "ok" for her to get it.   I keep testing her limits, making her wait longer, and she is doing well with it.   Last week I had a couple friends over, and showed them, during the waiting phase my one friend SB cried out "Peter!  Just let her have it!!"  She clearly felt like I was torturing Ilse by making her wait, I feel like it helps build the trust and respect between Ilse and I.   Ilse knows that she will get it, in time, but on my terms, not hers.   Good obedience if you ask me.

Here is a video of it.


Also, we're super excited that nicer weather is finally here.   More time to play outside!

- PK & I

No comments:

Post a Comment