Friday, June 29, 2012

Ilse Update!


It's been awhile, but we're back.  I was on vacation for 3 weeks, and gone another week, then back at work trying to catch up, so blogging was not really my top priority. 

Anyways, to fill you in.  

Back in mid-May, I was taking a course at the University of Toronto.   It was a 5 day, 8hr day course and Ilse came with me for the entire thing.   This was her biggest working experience yet.   She started off a little excited and would have a hard time settling, but by the 2nd say she settled in and would sleep  beside me for hours at a time.   Overall, I was very happy with how she behaved.


Look how smart I am!



I was being too smart... must nap to recharge.

While in Toronto, I was staying at my friend Sean's apartment, and well Sean and Ilse got along just fine!

She looks MASSIVE here!


Then my girlfriend came to visit from New Zealand for 3 weeks and Ilse spent the 1st week with us at a friend's cottage and doing touristy things.  She even helped me wait at the airport.  2 of the weeks we went out to the east coast of Canada and Ilse was taken in by a volunteer family.   They said she was a delight to have and were happy to watch her for me.

Waiting at the airport
After the airport up at the cottage, Ilse discovered the wonderful world of water.  Here are 2 videos of her first couple times in the water.   I think she likes it!

Jumping off the dock

Running in for the first time

Had to carry her out at one point

Lastly, her we are at the CN tower.  I was asked for Ilse's service dog papers, but I didn't have them.  After a few conversations with security, I was able to convince them, that she was in fact a service dog in training.   



On the glass floor

Up in the skypod
At 360 Restaurant
Long post over!
- PK & I  







No comments:

Post a Comment