Thursday, December 1, 2011

Another Day Down

I've now spent two complete days with Ilse and we are both starting to get more comfortable around each other.  I starting to develop a sense for when she has to go outside, and she is getting better at informing me when she needs to go.  I'm writing this just after she went to my office door, pawed at it and let out a small whine.   We quickly headed outside where she found a spot on the lawn.  So far no accidents in the house today (hopefully I didn't jinx it).

Well last night, as I mentioned before, my friend RB came over to visit and she brought her 2 year old Shih-poo "Maeby" over.  The two got along reasonable well, and the four of us went for a walk around the block.  It still amazes me how well Ilse is walking at her age.  She follows right behind me, sometime right beside me, and generally pays no attention to anything else.   Although this morning she wanted to go play with some kids who were walking to school.

After the walk we came inside and Maeby & Ilse played together for quite some time.   It was quite funny because originally Maeby was not interested in playing with Ilse and let that be known through some growling.  Ilse just looked at her, didn't make a sound back, and kept trying to play.   After several unsuccessful attempts of initiating play, Ilse gave up, and came to lie down beside and go to sleep.   This was when Maeby decides "Oh, well she's sleeping now, so.... let's play!"  and would run over to Ilse and wind her up to play. Here's a video of them playing nice.


Also, in between writing this today. I was able to get Ilse to sleep in her crate. As I think I mentioned before, she has taken to sleeping at my feet. So, I moved the crate to my feet, got her to go into the crate, then stuffed a foot in there with her til she fell asleep. Hopefully this will help her to associate the crate as her "den".

Oh and for the record... there are 2 red tone blankets in there, its not darker due to wetness.  (I thought it kinda looked like that at first).

No comments:

Post a Comment