Sunday, December 25, 2011

First Trip Out

First off, it has been too long since my last post.  With it being the Christmas season, I'm sure you all know how busy things get.  

Anyways, last-last Friday (Dec. 16th) Ilse and I travelled to the wondrous Staples in Waterloo.  Two co-workers and I had to pick up some office supplies for the end of the work year, so we figured it would be a good opportunity to try our hand (and paws) at going out in public.  

I was pretty anxious about the outing and thought that it would be a disaster.  But, once again Ilse surprised me for the better.  She was very well behaved after the initial excitement wore down.  I was able to get her to settle down and listen and we worked on sitting/laying down and she did quite well.  
These were taken at Staples by my co-worker/friend EW.

Since then, we have been to several other places.  Mini-marts, the bank and Sobeys.  Each time she has performed well and draws a crowd.   It's definitely tough having people want to see her and play with her and having to let them know "yes you can, but you need to wait til she is ready".  Many people just want to pet her right away.  But with each outing she is getting better.

On one outing at Sobeys with my brother and Ilse, we both came to the realization that in public she likes to "show off"  meaning that she will behave better out then at home.  (this is not to say she is bad at home, she's good there too, just better when out with her jacket)

No comments:

Post a Comment