Friday, December 9, 2011

Making Friends

Well it's been a busy week with work, the house, and uh... what was that other thing?  OH RIGHT.  Ilse.   I guess I should start this post of with a moderately embarrassing correction.  Before I mentioned Ilse's name was pronounced "Ill-see", well in reality it is pronounced "Ill-sah".  My apologies to the sponsor of the puppy, we have made the switch and she is getting used to it now.  So, without further ado.... everyone meet, Ilse ("Ill-sah").  Haha.
"What do you mean, we can't play right now?"

This is what kills me about Ilse, her eyes always look like she is sad, despite being a pretty happy puppy.   It's hard to not give in to whatever she wants.  But I must stay strong! 

She is making excellent progress (in my opinion) in terms of training.   She will sit on command 100% of the time when focussed and slightly less so when moderately focussed.  However, we do still need to get her working on the focussing part.  But... we'll get there in time.   My goal is to have her responding to the 'down' command by Monday, so that is on tonight's agenda and this weekend.

Aside from training, she is just being the usual puppy and wants to make friends with anyone and everyone.  One of the good friends that she has made is my friend EW's 3.5 year old beagle named Boomer.   The two have played together a few times now, and they get along really well.  Boomer is very patient with Ilse and will play along, but keep her in check.  They are a lot of fun to watch when they are playing and here are some photos of it, courtesy of EW.




No comments:

Post a Comment