Monday, December 5, 2011

First Puppy Class and Puppy Sitting

Well this last weekend was quite hectic.  Working a part-time job on weekends to make some extra cash before the holidays left Ilse in the capable hands of some people.  On Friday night, Ilse was watched by my roommate KL, who left and then had her happily in her crate for when I arrived home later that night.  Of course, once I got home I wanted to see the little ball of fur, and she was pretty sleepy and I didn't get much out of her.  So, she went outside, then came and sleep at my feet as I watched TV.

On Saturday evening, my full time employer was hosting out annual Christmas party at the luxurious Langdon Hall in Cambridge, and event I did not want to miss.   So, my sister JK and her fiancée JB, took her in for the evening and she behaved pretty well.  (for a puppy).   I was really worried about handing her off for the night, its one thing for me to suffer through the whining and getting up at 4am, after all, I was the one that signed up for it, but to have someone else do it just seems unfair.   But as I was saying she was relatively well behaved, which was a relief, now the potential for my sister to watch her again still exists.  But then again who wouldn't want to spend time with this face? Here are some photos of their time together.  




Then tonight I had my first puppy class.   Unfortunately Ilse and I have not worked on "focus" enough yet, so she was a bit distracted by the other dogs in the class.  However, I did pick up some good info and will work with her on this and "down" over the week to come.  Oh, and on Friday night Ilse started to grasp the concept of "sit"  she still needs work on focusing on commands, however, when she is focussed she nails it!  I'm pretty proud of her, she learning quickly and putting pressure on me to keep up with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment